With entries opening on the usual date of February 1st, the organising West Devon Club have released details of the 2022 format, which is much the same as the tried and tested previous events, but with changes to the Team race format. The event will take place on the usual 10th and 11th September date.
The individual classes, which will have spaces for sixty in each group will be as below. There will be no pre allocated spaces and everyone will have an equal chance of an entry.
To avoid chances of the official website www.vetsmxdn.co.uk crashing, classes will open at various times on that date.
A Club spokesman enlarged, “It will be important for prospective riders to look at the website a few days before the entries open to familiarise the way the system works. It has been tried and tested over previous years and the aim is to allow as many riders as possible to have a fair chance of entering ONE class.”
Class for 2022
1. Twinshock Under 50 All Twinshock machines. Riders 30 – 49 years old
2. Twinshock Over 50 All Twinshock machines. Riders 50 – 75 years old
3. Up to 125cc for all machines up to and including 1996. Riders Over 30
4 Evo 250 for machines up to and including 1989. Riders Over 30
5. Evo Open 225-650cc for machines up to and including 1989. Riders Over 30
6. Evo over 50s class 50 – 75 years old as above (Machine capacity 125cc to 600cc)
7. Super Evo Class (Open CC) Machines 1990 – 1996 inclusive Riders Over 30
8. Vets MxdN Team Event (See details below)
MX Vets des Nations –
A Country must consist of a mixture of Evo and Twinshock Machines. This should be two Evo machines and two Twinshock machines. However, a team will be permitted to have three Evo or Twinshock plus one of the other, but points will be added / deducted at the start of the event as follows-
Teams with three Evo riders will incur an extra 20 points
Teams with three Twinshock riders will have 20 points deducted
A Country entry must consist of minimum 3 riders, maximum 4 riders. 2 riders must be over the age of 40 years and two riders over the age of 32 years on the day of the event. Maximum 15 Countries. Entry priority will be given to teams of recognised countries included in the Team name. The best 3 rider’s points will count per race.