The Michelin MX Nationals Team are pleased to announce the venue that will host round 4 of the 2017 series. This event is our rescheduled event to replace the original round 1.
Round 4 will now take place at Sherwood MX near Mansfield on July 8/9th 2017.
After a meeting on Wednesday with track owner Barry Dring, plans are in progress to make some serious alterations to the circuit.
With the help of RFX KTM riders Ash Wilde and Nathan Dixon a major revamp is planned that will include an extended lap time and a variety of new challenges for our riders making it a truly national venue. In addition raised spectator viewing areas are to be added to give a greater view of the action.
Paul Irwin MX Nationals Director visited the venue on Wednesday and commented “It’s my first trip to Sherwood, but instantly I could see the potential for a national level circuit that would make an excellent addition to the MX Nationals series.
It’s great to work with someone like Barry who is passionate about making the best circuit possible and I can’t wait to see the final results. It’s going to make some great racing, that's for sure."
Now that round 4 has now been confirmed the full 2017 calendar is as follows.
▪ Round 1 – Preston Docks - 1st/2nd April.
▪ Round 2 – Lyng - 6th/7th May.
▪ Round 3 – Hawkstone Park - 10th/11th June.
▪ Round 4 – Sherwood - 8th/9th July.
▪ Round 5 – Canada Heights - 22nd/23rd July.
▪ Round 6 – Foxhill - 12th/13th August. Picture shows Paul Irwin - MX Nationals Director and Sherwood Track owner Barry Dring