Round 2 of the Michelin MX Nationals has been re-scheduled and re-located after Landrake was cancelled due to the weather conditions. The second round will now take place at Pontrilas, HR2 0BG, on the 7th
May. Riders who were entered into Landrake will automatically be transferred to Pontrilas.
The first round at Preston Docks seems like a distant memory now but it was action packed throughout the weekend. They had a full entry of riders and had an extremely successful weekend and they hope round two will be just as busy. Pontrilas is a great venue and very popular with young and old riders alike.
Buildbase Honda were dominant in the ProX Pro Class with Graeme Irwin taking the Red Plate into round 2 in the MX1 class and Martin Barr leading the MX2 Championship. Graeme Irwin
- "It was a really good weekend at Preston Docks for me and I'm really happy with the way I rode there. It is really good that the MX Nationals team managed to reschedule and relocate round 2 to Pontrilas and I am excited to go there with the red plate.
It's great for the MX Nationals that the third round of the Championship will be at Duns in Scotland, I think this is a really good option for them and looking forward to going there also." Martin Barr
- "It was a good start to the MX Nationals season for me at the opener at Preston Docks. I'm looking at some more good results at Pontrilas and eager to support the MX Nationals team again next weekend."
The youth classes also had a good showing of extremely fast, young, up and coming riders at round one and they are eager to get to race two at Landrake. In the Talon MXY2 class it is Mickey Ellis leading the series. Mickey Ellis
- "I thought Preston was a really good track, it was well prepped and I was happy to win the overall there. I am really excited about racing at Pontrials as it is a great circuit and it'll be good to get out and race again."
Leading the Gaerne Big Wheel 85 series is youngster Joel Rizzi
- "It was really good racing at Preston Docks and I'm happy to be leading the series. It was good fun and I am looking forward to racing at Pontrilas." Kevin Daniels - MX Nationals
- "With a crowded race calendar and a shortage of suitable venues the Michelin MX Nationals would like to thank Phil Roberts and his team for enabling us to use Pontrilas at such short notice."
The MX Nationals team are also very pleased to announce that round three will take place at Duns Circuit in Scotland on the 28th
The entry is packed this year and with racing on both days it is bound to be a fun packed weekend for all involved. Spectator prices are extremely well priced at only £10
for both days, kids 10 and under are free. That is 26 races over the two days for just ten pounds!
There are seven categories and classes to watch over the weekend and some of the best riders in the UK will be competing at all the events this year. The Championship has only been running for two years and they have become one of the best established and well run Championships in the country.
If you wish to pre buy a season pass or a weekend pass please click here:- http://www.mxnationals.co.uk/news/spectator-passes/
Trade stand enquiries can be made with firstname.lastname@example.org
Tickets are only available to buy on the gate and will be £10 per adult and under 10s are free, free access to the riders paddock. Free parking.
Camping is £10 per pitch - motorhome - tent - caravan